The attached position description outlines the key areas. Please view this.
We are looking for a person who:
· Has experience in building and executing strategic campaigns in a union or social justice context
· Has experience in external communications and can proactively identify and act on media opportunities
· Can offer timely and appropriate communications and campaigns advice
· Is a confident communicator and can convey information in a creative, clear and concise way
· Can prepare resource and information material to support union campaigns
· Understands how to use values-based messaging
· Has writing and publishing skills to produce communications
· Adept in using social/digital media
· Can work easily with a range of people
· An understanding and a commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
· Has a commitment to unionism and social justice issues
· Has experience of coordinating and resourcing campaigns
· Can adapt and prioritise efficiently and effectively – the role involves juggling multiple balls at once and ability to judge what’s important is needed.
To apply for this position, please send your C.V. along with a covering letter to Sue Windsor at email@example.com.
Applications will close on 1st December 2023 at 5pm
Requirement: Applicants require permanent work rights for NZ with no restrictions
The NZ Council of Trade Unions Te Kauae Kaimahi is the peak body for 30 affiliated trade unions.