Treasurer, Soil & Health Association of NZ National Council
To provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight of the management of the financial aspects of the Soil & Health Association of New Zealand. www.soilandhealth.org.nz
Desired skills and attributes
· Leadership skills
· Understanding of and commitment to the organisation’s vision and mission
· Financial qualifications and / or experience in the financial management of a Not-for-profit organisation
· Ability to gift approximately 5-10 hours per month to the performance of the role
· Effective communication skills
· Good knowledge of Xero accounting software.
This position reports to the Chairperson/Co-Chairs of the National Council of the Soil & Health Association.
1. Work with the Association Administrator and Chair/Co-Chairs to ensure the preparation of and adherence to, an annual budget for the organisation;
2. Work with the Association Administrator to ensure the Board is provided with appropriate and timely advice on the financial management of the organisation;
3. Work with the Association Administrator, Accountant and Auditor to ensure requirements for Charitable status (including properly prepared annual accounts) are met;
4. Prepare the report to the Annual General Meeting on the financial affairs of the organisation;
5. Give an appropriate hand-over to a new Treasurer upon completion of appointment;
6. All of the responsibilities of a Board member.
1. Ensure approvals for expenditure are not significantly outside of the budget.
2. As delegated by the Board.
3. To operate within the Constitution of the Soil & Health Association.
4. To operate within the financial guidelines of the Soil & Health Association.
5. To operate within the framework and stated policies of the Soil & Health Association.
Term of Office
The term of office for the Treasurer of the Soil & Health Association is a period of one year.
The performance of a Treasurer is evaluated annually by the Board. Performance is measured on the achievement of roles stipulated in this job description.
If you are interested in this role, please email Matt Morris, Co-Chair of the Soil & Health Association of NZ, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Soil & Health Association is a national membership organisation founded in 1941 to promote healthy soil and food production. We’re the leading voice on organics and soil health advocacy in New Zealand. Our flagship publication OrganicNZ features brand new writing on organics, sustainability, food, health, and the environment. Our magazine sells through commercial retailers around the country and is distributed to our subscribers and members every two months. As an advocacy organisation, Soil & Health has run successful campaigns on keeping NZ GE-free, banning toxic chemicals, and supporting organic regenerative agriculture. Alongside the sector body Organics Aotearoa NZ we are responsible for delivering Organic Week (1-7 May) nationwide every year.